Saturday, March 24, 2012

Arrival

7am in the morning. Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs. Gotta have my food, gotta have onigiri.

So yes Friday references aside, it's a nice Sunday morning here in Osaka. I am sitting in my room at the Ramada hotel admiring the nice view from the 15th floor. My 17 hour combined flight journey was very long, but I did get to catch up on some of the movies I didn't get to watch. By the time I got off the plane, I felt like a zombie, which is probably why I didn't take too many pictures on the first night. I was so tired and ready to get through immigrations and whatnot. I finally met up with my friends, Jonathan and Shinpei, and Shinpei's girlfriend, Ami. Shinpei drove us all to the Aeon Mall which was in a seemingly suburban looking part of Osaka. We went straight for the food court, which was filled with so many different restaurants to pick from. There was even a McDonalds, a KFC, and a Baskin Robbins. I decided to settle for a nice bowl of pork ramen and it was incredible and TOTALLY worth the 630 yen =)

After that, we decided to head for the Ramada hotel. On the way, we stopped at a Lawson convenience store (or コンビニ) for some drinks. I got a delicious sparkling peach drink to fulfill my thirst for fruity beverages :P I have to mention how grateful I was that Shinpei drove us all because:

1. I hate driving.
2. I hate driving in big cities
3. Japanese people drive on the LEFT ;)

So we get to the hotel and check-in, and I was out in minutes, ready to say おやすみ! (good night!)

The hotel is really nice, and the view is spectacular. The bathroom is where I made some fun discoveries. The toilets are quite interesting, in that they spray water at your bootay to help clean up those dirty areas :P

Today, it's just me and Jonathan off to explore the city. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment